How to put Grip Tape on a Scooter?
To put grip tape on a scooter, you'll need the following materials:
1. Grip tape sheet: Purchase grip tape designed specifically for scooters or skateboards. It should be large enough to cover the surface of your scooter deck.
2. Razor blade or sharp utility knife: You'll need this to cut the grip tape to size.
3. Hairdryer (optional): This can help soften the grip tape and make it easier to apply.
Here's a step-by-step guide to putting grip tape on a scooter:
1. Prepare the deck: Remove any existing grip tape from the deck and clean it thoroughly to ensure a smooth surface for the new grip tape.
2. Measure and cut the grip tape: Place the grip tape sheet on the deck and align it with the edges. Leave a little extra tape on each side to trim later. Use a razor blade or sharp utility knife to carefully cut along the edges of the deck, following its shape. Be cautious while cutting to avoid injury.
3. Remove the backing: Peel off the backing from the grip tape, exposing the adhesive side.
4. Warm up the grip tape (optional): If you're finding it difficult to apply the grip tape smoothly, you can use a hairdryer on a low setting to warm up the grip tape slightly. This will make it more pliable and easier to work with.
5. Apply the grip tape: Start from one end of the deck and slowly press the grip tape onto the surface. Apply even pressure and smooth out any air bubbles or wrinkles as you go. Work your way towards the other end, making sure the grip tape adheres firmly.
6. Trim the excess grip tape: Once the grip tape is applied to the entire deck, use the razor blade or utility knife to trim the excess tape along the edges. Take your time and make clean cuts to achieve a neat finish.
7. Smooth out the edges: To ensure the grip tape is securely bonded to the deck, use the edge of the razor blade or the back of a screwdriver to press down on the edges of the grip tape. This will help it adhere firmly.
That's it! You've successfully applied grip tape to your scooter. Now you should have improved traction and grip for better control while riding. Remember to exercise caution while using sharp tools and take your time to ensure a clean and precise application.