The Shark Wheel geometry is the intersection of a cube and a sphere, a three-dimensional sine wave, a pattern found all throughout the natural world. It’s the shape of a shark’s jaw, that’s where the name comes from. Typically, shapes derived from nature demonstrate superior performance across industries. This is known as biomimicry.
- Quantity: Set of 4
- Durometer: 78A
- Size: 70mm
- Use: Perfect for control, grip, riding smoothly over rough terrain.
- Perfect rain wheels: The alternating pattern of grooves significantly reduces hydroplaning by channeling liquid away from the surface of the wheel, allowing for a firm contact patch with the ground. Also, the rounded outer edges allow the rain to pass around the outside of the wheel smoothly, providing more aerodynamic functionality. The sine wave pattern beats the traditional grooved circular wheels in the rain wheel category for speed and grip.
- Multi-terrain: The sine wave pattern smoothly funnels most debris, pebbles, and dirt aside, instead of ‘steamrolling’ over it like traditional wheels. This allows for firm contact with the ground and a shockingly smooth ride. Some people have sent us reviews saying they like going over debris on purpose now instead of avoiding it.
- More grip and sliding control: The alternating pattern equates to increased control — the width is increased, but the friction is decreased! The sine wave design provides three lips per wheel for superior lateral grip. A traditional wheel only has one. When you want to slide, they break away predictably and recover easily.
- Lightning Fast: The design allows for a thin contact patch touching the ground and therefore less rolling resistance, resulting in a quick ride. The material we use is made in California, has extreme rebound, and ranks amongst the best in the world.