New design. Same exquisite quality.
By using bamboo as the material of choice for all the boards from 2006 onwards, doors were opened for Loaded to create a flexy drop-through board. Over the coming years, subtle changes were made to the Dervish but the time came for more significant changes and the Sama was born.
- Through Width: Many different width and shape options were explored while prototyping the Sama. Using design software and curvature calculations, various different width were extensively tested and subtle changes to the deck shape made when necessary until the deck provided a satisfactory balance of comfort, edge control, and responsiveness.
- Concave: The Sama also received a more pronounced concave profile, which is further enhanced by the increased deck width. The result is improved edge feel for turn initiation and extra control while sliding.
- Nose & Tail Kicks: To keep up with the current calibre of freestyle riding, the Sama was given the most tasteful of nose-jobs. After testing several new shapes and sizes, Loaded added subtle kicks to increase pop and to lock your feet in. The kicks are reinforced with an extra layer of fibreglass for added stiffness and durability.
- grip tape: A six-piece symmetrical grip tape pattern was designed with performance and elegance in mind. The two sections at the kicks use an aggressive, rougher-grit grip to provide enhanced control and security for manuals and freestyle tricks. The four middle sections use a milder, finer-grit grip (comparable to street skate grip) to facilitate dancing and footwork manoeuvres. The segmented design yields functional coverage without interfering with the board’s flex pattern.
- Camber: The Sama’s versatility lends it to many disciplines, but at its heart lies a deeply rooted passion for carving. The cambered platform and weight-tailored flex pattern work together synergistically to provide a lively, flowing ride.