What would you like your own custom board to look like? Would it feature absurd, abstract illustrations or street culture references perhaps?
How ever you want your personalised board to look, Skatehut is going to help 1 lucky winner and 2 runners up, make their dream deck inspirations become a reality!
We’re giving you the chance to ride a design you love and create some unavoidable skatepark envy at the same time in our #DesignADeck competition.
Submit your killer deck design by drawing it or alternatively use the entry template in Photoshop, Illustrator or your favourite image editing software. Either way you’ll need our #DesignADeck template which you can download (PC only).
As well as a custom designed 8” (wide) deck up for grabs, our first place winner will bag themselves:
1 set of trucks
1 set of wheels
1 roll of grip tape
1 set of bearings
1 set of truck bolts
1 set of risers
1 universal skate tool
1 Skatehut t shirt
1 set of stickers
Two runners-up will also get their hands on a custom designed deck as well as a Skatehut t-shirt and some stickers.
You’re the artist so get your creative juices flowing! All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is come up with the sickest, slickest graphic composition that impresses the Skatehut judging panel – that’s…
Make it crazy, make it insane, or just plain mind blowing. Skatehut’s experts will be reviewing each and every awesome entry so unleash your artistic talent and run wild!
Anyone based in the UK! Just create your own awesome, signature board using our Design A Deck template. Good luck in nailing the deck design that will make it all the way to your favourite skate terrain.
We’re running the #DesignADeck competition from 5th May to 5th June 2016. Your deck design can be created and submitted any time from 3rd May 2016. Simply complete the template and send it in to us.
We’ll be stoked to see all your amazing skateboard designs. Good luck and don’t forget to tell all your crew to get on the case too using #DesignADeck
1. To validate entry please keep your original entry template containing your design throughout the competition. This will be needed to create your custom skateboard if you win.
2. Entries to be submitted via social media:
a. Instagram: Post a photograph of your deck design from the template Skatehut provide. The photo should tag @skatehut in the post and include the hashtag #DesignADeck
b. Twitter: Post a photo of your deck design from the template Skatehut provide. The photo should tag @skatehut in the Tweet and including the hashtag #DesignADeck
c. Facebook: Post a photo comment of your deck design from the template Skatehut provide. The comment will be from the Facebook post (Pinned to the top of the Skatehut Facebook page).
d. Email: Send entries to email@example.com
e. Offline: To send in entries created offline, either photograph or scan followed by using one of above (online) uploading methods to a bespoke.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted.
4. Entrants warrant that the work they submit is original and that they are the sole owner of the copyright in it.
5. Multiple entries will be ignored and your first entry accepted.
6. License for use, re-purposing and redistribution of images submitted for this competition is given to Skatehut.
7. The competition shall open on the 5th May 2016 and close on 5th June 2016.
8. The competition is open to residents of the UK only.
9. Entries will be judged on creativity and presentation.
10. The winner and runners-up will be uploaded to the Skatehut website, later followed by Skatehut’s social media pages.
11. By entering, you give Skatehut the permission to use your images on its social media pages and website.
12. One winner will be chosen by a panel of judges.
13. Two runners up will be chosen by a panel of judges.
14. The winners will be notified by 7th June 2016 by a contact method provided in the entry (social profile used = contact method).
15. Acknowledgement of the prize by the winners must be received by Skatehut no later than 10th June 2016. Should Skatehut not receive confirmation from the winner by this time, Skatehut reserves the right to select the most successful runner-up, to win.
16. The winner will receive: a single custom designed Deck + £200 components + freebies (Including assembling of the skateboard). £200 components breakdown: 1 set of trucks, 1 set of wheels, 1 roll of grip tape, 1 set of bearings, 1 set of truck bolts, 1 set of risers, 1 universal skate tool. The two runners up will receive a single custom designed deck + freebies.
17 You cannot pass your prize onto someone else. If you do not wish to accept the prize, the next runner-up will be chosen.
18. The prize cannot be swapped for a cash prize.
19. The winners may have to take part in publicity to promote the competition.
20. Skatehut reserves the right to check validity and reject entries with reasonable cause.
21. Skatehut is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.